How Do I Know I Need a New Roof?
A lot of different scenarios will show a homeowner whether it is time to replace your roof or not. Please remember, if it is not safe to do so, do not go on your roof! (Call a professional for a roof inspection if your roof pitch is too steep)
It’s important to catch damages and a worn out roof early to prevent further and extensive damage to your attic and even possibly your home. Contact us today to have your roof inspected. Let’s take a look at a worn-down roof.
- Shingles are lifting and flaring upwards
- This is usually caused by strong winds and storms
- Missing shingles
- Strong storms or improper previous installation
- Exposed underlayment
- Due to the missing shingles
- Uneven fading of color
- In the North East, we get very cold and very hot temperatures
- Cracking and torn apart shingles
- Hail marks on the shingles
- Hail marks can be seen on a shingle by its missing granules of asphalt
- Unreasonable bending of shingles
- Bending of shingles can be caused by improper ventilation of your attic
- It’s important to identify the cause of the problem to prevent it from happening on your newly installed roof.
- Wear & Tear
- Simply shingles won’t last forever. It’s important to know that natural wear and tear will change the expected life of the roof.
Here is a newly installed Roof.